Introducing OPTIM® 1: One wipe. One-step. One minute.
TORONTO, CANADA / COLTENE SciCan is proud to announce the launch of OPTIM 1, a one-step cleaner disinfectant with a 1-minute broad-spectrum contact time. With OPTIM 1 there is no need to compromise between safety and efficacy.
With a 1-minute contact time, OPTIM 1 is one of the fastest and most effective cleaner & disinfectants. It is on the Health Canada List of Disinfectants to Use Against COVID-19 and can deactivate the virus in just 1 minute*. Powered by a patented Hydrogen Peroxide-based formula, OPTIM 1 is also safe and gentle for staff, patients, and surfaces. In addition, users can disinfect a larger area with each OPTIM 1 Wipe than they could with competitors’ disinfectant products.1 Just like our other OPTIM disinfectant product lines, OPTIM 1 does not require any GHS hazard pictograms, signal words or statements; it is everything health care workers have come to expect from OPTIM, just faster and more efficient.
Effective One-Step Cleaner
- Study comparing different products’ cleaning capabilities has shown that OPTIM 1 was the only disinfectant capable of successfully removing organic debris in a single application2
Fast Broad-Spectrum Disinfectant
- 1 minute tuberculocidal, bactericidal, virucidal, fungicidal contact time
- Demonstrated 1-minute virucidal efficacy extends to new and emerging pathogens including the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)*
- Fast Contact Time ensures compliance, saving users time and money3
Safe for staff and patients
- Non-irritating to skin, eyes and respiratory tract
- Non-toxic to reproduction, child development and fertility
- No VOCs (volatile organic compounds)
- Active ingredient, Hydrogen Peroxide, breaks down into water and oxygen
- No active residues, reducing environmental impact
- Designed to be compatible with a wide range of materials4
Please contact us at 1-800-667-7733 with any questions.
OPTIM* 1 has demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) on hard non-porous surfaces and non-invasive medical devices. This product can therefore be used against COVID-19 when used in accordance with the directions for use against Poliovirus on hard, non-porous surfaces, and non-invasive medical devices.
1 John A. Molinari, Ph.D., Peri Nelson, B.S., Antonia Molinari. Environmental Surface Wetness Test: Comparison of Disinfectant Wipes. Ann Arbor: Dental Advisor, 2015.
2 John A. Molinari, PhD, Peri Nelson, BS, and Devi J.V. Raghavan, BDS. OPTIM 1 Environmental Surface Cleaning Investigation. Ann Arbor: Dental Advisor, 2016.
3 John A. Molinari, Ph.D., Peri Nelson, B.S., Antonia Molinari. Environmental Surface Wetness Test: Comparison of Disinfectant Wipes. Ann Arbor: Dental Advisor, 2015.
4 John A. Molinari, Ph.D., Peri Nelson, B.S. Effect of OPTIM 1 on Tensile Properties of Dental Chair Fabrics. Ann Arbor: Dental Advisor, 2016.